Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 28: Tikus Island

So today was an exciting day for Nathan and I.  We got to go to a small island off the coast.  We have lived here about 2 1/2 years and had not been yet.  We will also got to go snorkeling.  It took about an hour to get there in a small boat.  The island is called "Tikus Island.  Which literally means mouse island, but actually means very small island.  
~
We had a fun time, but upon arriving on the island I was injured.  I was trying to get out of the boat and decided it would be better not to jump over the side to splash the others who were out.  Well, in my hesitation, I ended up losing my balance and falling back into the boat.  At first I thought I just hurt my calf muscle because of the fall.  However, I twisted my calf muscle and it is sprained!  I can barely walk.  Nathan literally pulled me by my life jacket to snorkel.  The swimming helped loosen it up a little.  It's very bruised.  I got it good this time.  I'm a little bummed though because now I won't be able to work-out probably for a few weeks.  Just call me gimp.
~
Nadia wasn't happy about us leaving.  She definitely didn't want her picture taken.
She's warming up as long as Daddy has her.
 Getting ready to get in the boat and begin our adventure!
 Fishing boats
 The boat we used.
 One the boat
 God's beautiful creation displayed
 Tikus Island
 Gearing up for some snorkeling

No comments: