We went to get our blood tested today to see what we may have. Since Naomi is feeling better and because of her fear of getting her blood taken, we opted to not make her right now. A doctor friend told us that it could be a number of things/viruses from malaria to dengue fever (which we have heard is not common in B-town).
Well, we got tested and both Nadia and I have dengue fever. For those of you who have not heard of dengue that may be because it is a wicked tropical virus that can only be spread via mosquitoes. Apparently dengue is on the rise here in our town. There are only 4 strands of dengue and you can only get each strand once. BUT, it gets worse with each case you get. It’s also called “breaking bone fever” because it literally feels like your bones are breaking.
It’s horrible!
I have had no energy and that is an understatement! I couldn’t even lift Nadia at all yesterday. I could barely lift a cup of water to get a drink. Today is a bit better, but I don’t have energy to get from point A to B and those points aren’t far away either. So that is just a little synopsis of dengue. I feel so bad for Nadia who doesn’t even understand what she is going through. Oh and the worst part is that there is no medicine for this virus yet! We just have to endure it until it goes away!
We need lots of prayer!
1 comment:
so sorry you guys are so sick - dengue is terrible! Asking for a quick recovery and that you are able to take the time to get the rest you need to really recuperate. :)
Post a Comment