Saturday, June 9, 2012

June: Hanging out

Well, June has crept up on us very quickly.  We are gearing up for 4 people to help us out at the English club, so we have been doing lots of preparation and eagerly awaiting their arrival.  I begin homeschooling Naomi at the beginning of July.  I'm a little nervous and very much excited also to begin this journey.  We also will be traveling for the latter part of June, so I think June will end as quickly as it began.
~
The girls are doing great.  
Naomi is ready for Kindergarten or at least I hope she is ready!  She knows all the short vowel sounds and consonant sounds. We will continue reading skills in Kindergarten.  She is showing signs of eagerness to read.  Naomi is a perfectionist (much like her Momma), so I would appreciate prayers as we embark on learning together this year.
 ~
Nora is still being very motherly with Noelle.  She loves to attend to Noelle's needs.  When she has done all she can, she says, "Mommy, I think she wants you."  Nora is paying attention to some of the pre-K things I have done with Naomi.  She can even spell her own name and has great fine motor skills.  We think she is going to be our artist.
~
Nadia is definitely still our full-of-life adventurous girl.  She loves when people are watching her and has many facial expressions that can really get you laughing.  She is talking in sentences, loves to sing, and is Miss Independent.  She wants to do almost all things by herself.  If it's something she hasn't mastered, she will try and try until finally she caves in and asks for help.  
~
Noelle is sweet, laid-back, and full of smiles.  She loves when you talk and sing to her.  Even if she is hungry or sleepy she will do her best to give you a smile in the midst of a cry.  She wakes up happy and goes to bed a happy little baby.  It has been a blessing to have such a laid back baby at this stage of our life. 
~
All the girls just woke up from naps and still seem a bit sleepy.  Just relaxing on the couch while watching a movie.

 Noelle got bit by a mosquito so just in case you wondered what those red marks were.  She's getting so big!
Loving the attention!
Blowing bubbles
Taking care of Noelle
The girls all climbed up on the kitchen counter this morning.  They were cute.

No comments: