Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 10- Backyard Life

Wild or Pet?
 The girls and I were playing outside this afternoon when we saw this bird walking or should I say waddling around.  It is not unusual for us to have our neighbors chickens in our backyard trying to find food or playing.  But today this was a duck!  Nora and Nadia were very intrigued by this duck and Nora really wanted to go up to it and pet it.  Of course I advised her it was not a good idea to touch a wild duck, 
which came with a plethora of "why" questions.
So I went and grabbed my camera to take a picture of this duck, because it is an interesting looking duck (which Naomi pointed out).  While I was at it, I snapped a few shots of the various trees that bear fruit in our yard to give you all an idea of how interesting our own backyard can be.
This is our kalamansi tree.  It bears a citrus fruit that is similar to a lime.
 Here is our papaya tree.
 Bananas!
 This is a cabe plant.  Cabe's are very famous here.  I don't think one can be Indonesian and not eat some form of cabe.  It basically is a very hot (spicy) pepper.  Indonesians use it in almost every dish they prepare.
 Now this plant is called the Tired flower because if you are tired it cheers you up and helps you not be as sleepy so we are told.  Our friend gave us the plant last fall and now it is huge bearing lots of pretty flowers.
Well, that is just a little taste of some tropical trees/plants that you can find in our yard. 

No comments: