Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 19- The 10K B-town Race

I found out last week from one of my friends that I go running with there is a 10K in town.  So, the white runners in our city decided to participate.  Now, people in Indonesia already think I'm a crazy white lady.  However, when they see a white lady running, especially a race like a 10K, then I know they think I went bonkers.  The big question I got from people were, "Is it ok that you are running?"  Yes, as long as I was running before the pregnancy and as long as I feel healthy to run. 
I'm really glad that I ran, but I think a 10K is my maximum for running pregnant.  This was my first 10K and I had a great time.  I came in at 1 hour and shy of 8 minutes (about an 11 minute mile).  Upon finishing, I was interviewed by a few people, one being a local television anchor.  I got asked questions such as this, "You are running while pregnant?  Is this ok?  You are not afraid?  Does your husband know that you are running?"  They were in a bit of shock and awe. 

We finished!!!

No comments: